Difference between revisions of "Youth School 2019"
|Line 48:||Line 48:|
'''. crisis </br>'''
- The .</br>
- The of the European .</br>
- the .</br>
Revision as of 16:26, 23 July 2019
Tuesday 13/08 Introduction to the school. - [Starting] at 3 pm.
1. Introduction to our critical Marxism.
- Marx's materialism: The Theses on Feuerbach. Self-emancipation.
- Introduction to historical materialism: The notions of base and superstructure.
- Introduction to the Marxist critique of political economy: use value, exchange value, surplus value, exploitation.
2.The working class
- What is the working class? The notion of class in Marx and marxism.
- The changes in the class composition of the working class during the late 20th Century.
- The working class today.
3. Women's liberation.
- A Marxist-feminist analysis of women’s oppression and exploitation.
- Gender, sexuality, intersectionality: the question of oppression in a broader framework.
- Women's Liberation struggles.
4. LGBTIQ struggles and liberation.
– Capitalism and LGBTIQ oppression.
– LGBTIQ theories and struggles.
- The Left in LGBTIQ struggles.
5.Imperialism and geopolitical disorder in the 21st century.
- Classic theory on imperialism.
- US imperialism and emerging new powers - towards a multipolar world?.
- Imperialism in disorder: from the 1930s to Brexit and Trump.
Monday 19/08 Day off
6. Marx and ecology, the global ecological crisis.
- Climate crisis, biodiversity crisis, energy crisis and link with the capitalist mode of production.
- The notion of progress put into question, struggle of indigenous peoples, land grabbing etc.
- Our ecosocialist answers.
7. Revolution and repression in the Middle-East.
– The structural causes of the Arab revolts.
– The reactionary counter-offensive.
- The role of the left and the revolutionaries in these movements.
6. Europa en crisis - Alex Merlo
- The class nature of the European Union.
- The crisis of the European Union.
- Perspectives for the revolutionary left.
9. Immigration and anti-racism.
- Roots of the refugee crisis.
- What is racism?
- Anti-racist struggles.
10. The Fourth International and strategic debates.
- Our strategic goal.
- The role of the revolutionary party.
- How can new parties be a bridge between where we are now and what we want.
11. Evaluation and general cleaning