IIRE Economy Seminar 2014
List of sessions and documents for discussion
1. Rate of profit, overaccumulation and indebtedness: the causes of the crisis
2. The power of financial capital and its links with productive capital.
- François Chesnais, Slideshow
- François Chesnais, "The power of financial capital and its links with productive capital"
3. The strategies of the ruling class and the "austeritarian" program in Europe
- Cedric Durand, Slideshow: "Struggles from above: The strategies of the ruling class and the 'austeritarian' program in Europe"
4. How to confront financial power. The debate around debt annulations and euro-exit.
- Ozlem Onaram, Slideshow
- Özlem Onaran, "An internationalist transitional program towards an anti-capitalist Europe: A Reply To Costas Lapavitsas"
- What to do about the debt and the euro? A Manifesto
5. Crisis, development and new models in Latin America
- Claudio Katz, Slideshow
- Claudio Katz, "Lecture: Crisis, development and new models in Latin America"
- Claudio Katz, Dualities of Latin America, Part I
- Claudio Katz, Dualidades de América Latina, I, II y III
6. Strength and fragility of the new emerging economies: a disconnection of the center and the periphery? The case of Brazil.
- Rosa Marques, Slide show
- Rosa Marques "Fictitious Capital and Foreign Capital in Brazil" Rosa Maria Marques and Paulo Nakatani
7. The case of China: a changing role in the world economy.
- Ricardo Molero, Slideshow
- Ricardo Molero, "Karl Polanyi in Beijin"
- “Control of Agricultural Prices, Rural-Urban Migration and Primary Distribution: Reasons behind Inequality in China, 1978-2007”
8. The world car industry in the crisis.
- Jean-Claude Vessilier, Slideshow
- Jean-Claude Vessilier, "Globalization automobile industry in 2013" (abstract)
- Jean-Claude Vessilier, "La mondialisation de l´industrie automobile en 2013"
9. Considering the main tendencies of the capitalism in the crisis: what can we say of a post-crisis capitalism?
- Michel Husson, "A long lasting chaos"
- Daniel Tanuro, "Transition énergétique et alternative anticapitaliste" (Slideshow)
10. Which emergency program for an anticapitalist exit of the crisis? What do we stand for?
11. Other documents