IIRE Economy Seminar 2014
List of sessions and documents for discussion
1. Rate of profit, overaccumulation and indebtedness: the causes of the crisis
2. The power of financial capital and its links with productive capital.
3. The strategies of the ruling class and the "austeritarian" program in Europe
- Cedric Durand
4. How to confront financial power. The debate around debt annulations and euro-exit.
- Ozlem Onaram, Slideshow
- Özlem Onaran, "An internationalist transitional program towards an anti-capitalist Europe: A Reply To Costas Lapavitsas"
- What to do about the debt and the euro? A Manifesto
5. Crisis, development and new models in Latin America
- Claudio Katz, "Lecture: Crisis, development and new models in Latin America"
- Claudio Katz, Dualidades de América Latina, I, II y III
6. Strength and fragility of the new emerging economies: a disconnection of the center and the periphery? The case of Brazil.
- Rosa Marques, Slide show
- Rosa Marques "Fictitious Capital and Foreign Capital in Brazil" Rosa Maria Marques and Paulo Nakatani
7. The case of China: a changing role in the world economy.
- Ricardo Molero, "Karl Polanyi in Beijin"
- “Control of Agricultural Prices, Rural-Urban Migration and Primary Distribution: Reasons behind Inequality in China, 1978-2007”
8. The world car industry in the crisis.
- Jean-Claude Vessilier, "Globalization automobile industry in 2013" (abstract)
- Jean-Claude Vessilier, "La mondialisation de l´industrie automobile en 2013"
9. Considering the main tendencies of the capitalism in the crisis: what can we say of a post-crisis capitalism?
- Michel Husson, "A long lasting chaos"
- Daniel Tanuro. An ecologist answer to unemployment. The challenge of the energetic transition.
10. Which emergency program for an anticapitalist exit of the crisis? What do we stand for?
11. Other documents