IIRE Economy Seminar 2014
List of sessions and documents for discussion
1. Rate of profit, overaccumulation and indebtedness: the causes of the crisis
2. The power of financial capital and its links with productive capital.
3. The strategies of the ruling class and the "austeritarian" program in Europe
4. How to confront financial power. The debate around debt annulations and euro-exit.
- Özlem Onaran, "An internationalist transitional program towards an anti-capitalist Europe: A Reply To Costas Lapavitsas"
- What to do about the debt and the euro? A Manifesto
Claudio Katz: Crisis, development and new models in Latin America
Rosa Marques: Strength and fragility of the new emerging economies: a disconnection of the center and the periphery?” The case of Brazil.
Ricardo Molero: The case of China: a changing role in the world economy.
Jean-Claude Vessilier: The world car industry in the crisis.
Michel Husson: Considering the main tendencies of the capitalism in the crisis: what can we say of a post-crisis capitalism?
Daniel Tanuro. An ecologist answer to unemployment. The challenge of the energetic transition.
Eric Toussaint. Which emergency program for an anticapitalist exit of the crisis? What do we stand for? Speaker: